Friday, August 6, 2010

So recently I have had almost every blood test imaginable... and I mean really...They drew something like 15 vials of blood, so much that the phlebotomist had no freaking clue what some of the tests were. (props to my Neuro for shocking the nurses). Everything came back decently normal, my cholesterol was slightly high which isnt surprising considering that i have been eating like crap, but what is worrying me is my stupid vitamin D. I had another blood test done in the begining of june and sure enough they called me and told me to start on a supplement. and I did.. the very one in the picture, however 2000 IUs instead of 1000. I have been religiously taking this for almost 2 months now, along with vitamin E for my crappy skin. I just got a call from my nurse today saying my Vitamin D is ridiculously low and I need supplements... DUHH.. I honestly do not know where to go from here, I dont really feel like overdosing in vitamin D. here goes my research I guess. Also while I am here, Id like to talk about my latest awesome discovery, if any of you have issues with your daily vitamin like i did because it tastes like crap and is huge, I have just discovered the only liquid gel multi vitamins that are derived from plants (instead of the synthetic crap from walmart). They are called living green liquid gel multi, and can be purchased from Good earth for roughtly 17 bucks. I will rant on this vitamin for a few reasons... One, I have been on it for a week and can already tell a huge difference in the way I feel... Two it has fish oil in it (that never happens with a multi) as well as ginseng wich gives me awesome energy. This pill also has green tea and something like 45 fruits and veggies per serving! Its still kind of a bigger liquid sof gel but no taste and it goes down super easy, not to mention gels are easier to absorb in your stomach and have no fillers.... Anyway, This week has been amazing, I cant wait to spend the day with Mallori tomorrow for some much needed best friend time. I have some really big things happening in the near future including my big move home on the 18th, I will post more as i get time! and I promise my posts will start to get much more interesting than my struggle with vitamin D intake lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment