Monday, September 27, 2010

Stall?

UGH. After a much dreaded stall I am happy to say I have lost 5 lbs....since wednesday! Anyway I have been eating slightly bad lately. I feel like having less stress in my life might be the reason why I am losing again. I wanna talk about protein intake. I had a doctors appointment on thursday and found out I have NOT been eating enough...mostly enough protein (probably why i stalled). I was intaking about 600-700 callories a day and around 60g of protein. Apparently im supposed to be at 800-1200 callories and 100g of protein. HOW in the world is this possible? especially in 3 meals? I have a hard time eating 150 callories per meal on my half a lean cusine meal without being completly stuffed. Please if any of you have suggestions for me, I would love to hear your ideas. Meanwhile I will be eating about 5 times a day. My biggest issue I have been dealing with recently is my water intake. It has become quite the tedious task to remember when I can and cannot drink water. I also have a hard time with anything that isnt ice cold (liquids) which makes it harder to drink as well being that its not as convenient. Ever since surgery tap water also makes me nauseous, I have issues. Total weight loss is almost 30 lbs now. I am honestly feeling so much better! The best part I think is having my headaches be mostly gone. I have only had about 4 episodes since surgery which is fantastic compared to every day. My blood sugar has also gone down a significant ammount.
    I have recently purchased a roll on vitamin E oil for my scars and in 3 days I can already tell its working. I would also love to hear any input on what to do to minimize them. They are pretty small but I feel like when I shrink they might seem bigger so I am doing what I can now. I can't believe its already been a month, The month of september has been amazing and crazy in so many ways. I cannot wait for halloween and the year end holidays. I am currently trying to convince my parents that we should spend Christmas with one of the sisters, I would not want to spend it just us 3, It would be so depressing! Sometimes I miss having everyone in my family so close. I am thinking I might be ready to start working again. Mostly because I want to save up for a Piano, even though I have no idea where I would put it. I am ready to start playing again, Its been on my mind a lot lately. six weeks post op is coming soon and working and working out might be in the near future if I continue to do this good! this saturday we had the suicide prevention walk which was fantastic. I got good exercise and got to spend the day with people I love while supporting such a great cause. During that same week Ryan was able to raise 800 dollars for the Trevor Project (also a suicide prevention funding program), I am so proud of him! It felt so good to have the energy to keep walking... Pretty soon I hope to be running! Whoever said the hungry hormones would be gone after surgery lied to me. I still totally feel hungry, usually only before eating time which is normal I guess. I wish I didnt feel so incredibly full after 5 oz, It would be nice if I still had phases... (i.e. satisfied-full-too full-stuffed-im going to blow) but no... I skip all of those and go straight to stuffed which means for a half hour after I eat im usually wanting to die a little. Its quite possible this is happening only when I eat faster than I should but I feel like a half hour is way too long for half a cup of pudding :\. My boyfriend cooked me dinner the other day and by the time he had finished his seconds I was still not even a third of the way done with my chicken... let alone touched the rest of the food, This new tummy requires a lot of patience. Poor guy, I think he thought I didn't like it... (first time I have eaten around him other than random snacks). Anyone else have a problem with patience? Anyway I have to meet with my nutritionist in 2 weeks and I am excited for new ideas and ways to improve my current situations so I will continue to update. <3 Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

5 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the Vitamin E Oil? I have some ugly stretch marks I'd like to try it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO with you on the protein. I am eating about 5 small meals a day and only getting in about 70-80 grams of protein AND my calories are always below 700. I'm supposed to be hitting 100 grams of protein and 1000 calories AT LEAST. I assume this is why my weight loss has been on the slow side (I'm only 2 weeks and 2 days out). I know everyone keeps saying to me "drink your protein shakes", but UGH. I'm barely able to get in food that I like, much less be able to force in something that makes me want to GAG. Maybe we should eat more string cheese? As it is, I feel like I'm always making myself something to eat to get in the protein!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laci I bought it at the sunflower market! i like the roll on because it doesnt get all over my hands. it was about 10 bucks! and Christy I think you are doing awesome! I just started with a personal trainner who is helping me with my protein intake too, he told me to have 4oz chicken breasts 4 times a day which comes out to about 90g of protein and then fill the other 10g with something like cottage cheese. I know you arent at the chicken eating phase yet but I wouldnt worry too much until you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the patience!!! 3 and a half weeks post op and I can not bear pureed foods any longer! trying to eat things like fish pie so i can puree in my mouth! can't wait to eat a proper piece of chicken, its not the same blended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they still have you on pureed? i was on normal foods after two weeks! its ok though, when you go to solid food you will stall... which is slightly depressing. Im finally out of the stall but it took 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete