Sunday, October 24, 2010

43 and healing

3 weeks since my last surgery. (gallbladder removal) Im finally able to say I feel like this is trully the road to recovery... physically and emotionally. Its been a rough few months and im ready to put it past me... Im ready to leave it where it belongs and enjoy my life. I haven't beein doing much of that lately!
After fighting a rough infection the past few weeks, being on bedrest and filling up on pain meds and antibiotics I can honestly say I would like to stay as far away from anything medical as I can right now, and I cannot wait until I can get back to the gym! This whole journey has been emotionally drainning, and at times i honestly thought I was crazy, I tried to push everyone away, i had crying spells... I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me for a whole week, and i sure couldnt explain it either, until i realized that it was stress, mixed with my very sensitive to medicine body being full of very strong pain killers, which have a history of emotionally attacking me. Thankfully I have an amazing support system, great understanding friends, an incredibly patient boyfriend and very supportive parents, who got me through all of this and never once questioned or judged me. Thank you :) Finally after realizing all of this I requested to switch medications and I felt the difference within 24 hours. I hate drugs! 3 weeks later I am feeling like a new woman. My infection is finally gone and I seem to be getting back to my healthy self. I was finally let off bed rest and I am now working on just taking really good care of myself and my health. On the good side of things, as of yesterday I have now lost 43 pounds! I have also lost 8 inches from my waist, 4 inches from thighs, 2 from each arm and 7 from my butt! I never thought I would lose that much weight without starving myself. I realize that I have been through hell and back and that of course did help with the weight loss but I am happy to know that those pounds are gone forever along with my high blood pressure, my high blood sugar, my intracranial hypertension and knee pain. GONE. It feels so good. Aside from everything negative I am trully happy right now. The changes going on within me right now are more than i ever imagined would happen in such a short time but I am so grateful. Im going to continue to fight against the emotions that sometimes try to overtake me due to all the physical changes i have going on, and I will continue to fight for my happiness, even if sometimes life gets rough, which i expect it will ;). I am grateful I have people in my life who are willing to stand by me and love me.

5 comments:

  1. Oh My God you really have been through a lot! Really good to see you are on the mend and looking gorgeous, keep up the good work and have positive thoughts hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful and, most importantly, you realize this journey is from the inside out. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna! My god. You have always been strikingly beautiful, I mean duh. But you look so amazing. I'm so proud of you for being so strong! I do not think I could do what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys :) it means a lot to me to have such an awesome suport system! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are goind better for you

    ReplyDelete